Why Massage Therapy?
There’s no denying the power of bodywork and massage. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. It has been reported to help:
- Alleviate back and neck pain and improve range of motion
- Increase muscle and joint flexibility
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
Budgeting time and money for bodywork and massage at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic! Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs. Call Leanne with questions or to set up an appointment at 480-231-9197.
Make An Appointment
To schedule an appointment please call (480) 231-9197. If you reach the Voice Mail, please leave a message.
Leanne or one of her colleagues will return your call within 24-48 hours.
Fill out a Client Questionnaire and e-mail it back to us. We will contact you at your convenience.